Voting

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Quote Book ~ A Poem To Add To Your Book ~ Why I Am, Who I Am Today

Today I'm sharing a poem for our "Quote Books".

Why I am, who I am today

Through my life, you cooked for me, you made me smile cheerfully!
You're the one person who made me, me, Mother, I thank you.
You cleaned my clothes, you made my bed, you taught me right from wrong, you taught me life's sweet song, Mother, I thank you.
At night when I woke up crying, you came to pick me up, you gently wiped away my tears, and sang to me, your love, Mother, I thank you.
And when I misbehaved, you were patient and sweet, though you had to be stern,
so I would be obedient, Mother, I thank you for making me behave...
And when I grew older, you made me realize mom, that you're the reason I am me, you're the reason I am still on my feet, you are the one who encouraged me, to talk to that cute boy, you're the one who stayed my friend, when others walked away...
And that's why I am, who I am today


I thought I would share this poem today because I posted a video on my Facebook fan page and thought this poem fit with how I was feeling after watching the video. Anyway, don't forget to stop back again for more quotes or poems next week. Hope you enjoy this poem!  (Ps. I found this poem at scrapbook.com)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete