Voting

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quote Book ~ A Poem To Add To Your Book ~ Every Dog

I thought I would do something a little different...I usually do the quotes today to add to your quote book...but I decided today to do a poem instead.

Every Dog
A dog is made
of a head and tail
and paws and ears and itches
and when he sleeps
upon your bed
he snuggles close and twitches
he dreams dog dreams
of cats and bones
and gently runs in place
and when he wakes
he yawns and wags
and washes off your face

I thought I would share this poem today since I am going to help my daughter and her Girl Scout troop make a few 6x6 albums for a local rescue...so they can use them to share their "Happy Tails" stories with people looking to adopt. I wanted to add a cute poem and found this one. Anyway, don't forget to stop back again for more quotes next week. Hope you enjoyed the poem!

Ps. This is a photo of my dog (Finnigan) that we got from a rescue.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem for a great cause. Our dog is a rescue, too. Thanks for sharing, Lauren. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a cute poem. Plus my kids thought it was cool that Finny made it to the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete