Voting

Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Electric Was Out For 10 Hours! Crazy huh?!

So, if you haven't heard...the West Coast (Approx. 1.4 million homes/ business customers) lost electricity. It went out around 3:30pm yesterday and our home didn't get back up until 1:45am...yes, 10 hours later! My cell phone was sometimes working, sometimes not. The electric went out from parts of Mexico, parts of California, to parts of AZ. We had grilled chicken by candlelight and then took the dog for a family walk with a flashlight and solar garden light. Kids are off from school today too...which is good since it was hot with no fans or a/c to sleep with. But, we are now back up and running...doing good! The only thing I was really bummed about was I wanted to scrapbook last night and couldn't really do it by candlelight...just not enough light. So, with the excitement going on here I have no artwork to share but I am going to a crop tomorrow so I should have some fun stuff to share next week. So, make sure to check back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment