Voting

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hard Times

So, last week while I was looking at the quotes I have...to put together the "Quote Book" quotes I came across this quote:
"You never see the hard times in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next". 

It had me thinking about when my daughter was very sick with her asthma. From 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years old she was in the hospital 3 times (for 3-5 days each time). At the time I didn't take any photos...just didn't seem like the right thing to do. Now she is 10 years old and we have her asthma under control...so she hasn't had to go to the hospital since that time period. This quote had me thinking about different times in life that we don't take photos. Times we wish to forget about. I know those hospital visits I wish never had to happen. But I think maybe my daughter is stronger knowing she went through this and came out ok. That she is still doing ok. So, do you take photos of the hard times in your life (or your family's)? What are your thoughts on these type of photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment