Voting

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quote Book ~ Poem To Add To Your Book ~ Just My Dog!

I thought I would do something a little different...I usually do the quotes today to add to your quote book...but I decided today to do a poem instead.

Just My Dog 

He's just my dog. He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.
He has told me more than a thousand times over that I am his reason for being -- by the way he rests against my leg, by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile, by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me).
When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another person. With him, I am all powerful.
He has taught me the meaning of devotion is loyalty itself. With him, I know the secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.
He has promised to wait for me ... whenever ... wherever ... in case I need him, and I expect I will, as I always have.

Who is he? -- He's just -- MY DOG!

Author unknown

I thought I would share this poem today since the month of April I am going to do a fundraiser with a dog rescue "Stella's Hope". I will be giving them a part of my commission from sales on my website (starting April 1st until April 30th). Look for the link on the 1st of April if you would like to help them raise much needed funds! (HERE) Plus, I love any excuse to show off my doggy (Finny)! Anyway, don't forget to stop back again for more quotes next week. Hope you enjoyed the poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment